Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 28, 2014

28mm Napoleonic French Chasseur conversion

These are some of Front Rank's 28mm French Chasseurs a Cheval. I am making a 24 man regiment, of four squadrons - one of which will be an elite company squadron. Front Rank don't make an elite company trumpeter for their Chasseurs, so I bought a regular trumpeter and then made a colpack for him with green stuff. Some times I screw up with an order and get the wrong figure for a unit. It is surprising how easily figures can be converted with a drill, knife, wire and green stuff (just like they used to do in the old days...)

So that the green stuff would be well fixed I drilled three holes around the top of the sides of the trumpeter's shako. I araldited short pins into these holes so that they stick out of the shako. Then I scored the rest of the shako to give the green stuff something to adhere to. Green stuff dries hard. Hopefully the undercoat and paint will keep everything together.

I will have to see if there is anything more I need to add to this trumpeter to "upgrade" him to the elite company.



No comments:

Post a Comment